Bring noisemakers of all sorts for the Palm Sunday procession this coming Sunday, March 20th! We commence with the Blessing of the Palms outside on the Close, embarking on the pilgrimage of Holy Week which will yield our Easter Feast.
You are invited to vote in the San Gabriel Valley News “Best Of” again this year…remembering your Parish and favorite Nursery School in the San Gabriel Valley!
- In bright yellow letters it will say, VOTE HERE, Click Here to Get Started.
- Input your email address and hit start.
- Scroll down to bottom of page to, “Start Taking Survey”.
- A selection of categories appears, choose Places and begin the voting process.
- Under the category Places to Worship write St. Edmund’s Episcopal Church, San Marino, 626.793.9167
- Under the category Preschool write St. Edmund’s Episcopal Nursery School, San Marino, 626.792.7742
- A confirmation will arrive in your e-mail in-box which, if your vote is to count, must be confirmed before March 20th. It’s that simple (takes less than 5 minutes)!
Volunteers for Holy Week
Volunteers are needed for the following services:
Maundy Thursday, March 24th
12 people needed for the washing of the feet on Thursday, April 2nd at 6 p.m. in the Chapel.
Good Friday, March 25th
8 Passion Narrative Readers needed per service, 12 Noon and 6 p.m. in the Chapel. Please sign up in the Narthex or e-mail Isabel (email@example.com) if you are interested.
Great Vigil, March 26th
We are in need of a Thurifer, Processional Cross and an Usher. Please contact Isabel in the Church office.
With prayers for a Holy Lent,
The lessons for Palm Sunday, March 20th, 2016
A HOWL OF THE WOLF to Donna Balbin, awarded a Carver Honorary Service Award for Outstanding Service at the San Marino PTA 86th Annual Founder’s Day! The Balbin Family (Donna & Jim together with Llyssa, Zack and Josh) were featured in the Tribune in Jim’s capacity as President of the San Marino National Little League
Read “The Lead” from Episcopal Café.
Bethlehem Handcrafts will be with us on Palm Sunday
The recent edition of Episcopal News from the Diocese of L.A. may be found HERE, and articles from the national Episcopal News Service HERE